2005 Toyota Tundra V8

Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:12 PM Quote
Update 3/23/11
Year: 2005
Make/Model Toyota Tundra
Engine Type: Gas - V8
Before: 15 MPG
After: 15 MPG

This is my update after my 1st full tank of gas.  I was disappointed to see that I was only getting 15 miles per gallon.  I drove 350 miles all local streets and refilled the tank w/ 23 gallons.  350 mi/23 gal = 15.2 MPG.  I think that my original calcultation of 24 MPG after 2 gallons was premature and due to variability with the gas pump.  I topped off the tank and drove the full tank of gas which should be more accurate.  Before the DV, I was getting about the same 350 miles per full tank.  I'll continue to monitor and report back.

Year: 2005
Make/Model Toyota Tundra
Engine Type: Gas - V8
Before: 15 MPG
After: 24 MPG

I was anxious to see what the DV does for my MPG.  Filled up my tank, drove 50.9 miles over 3 days (my usual commuting) and then filled up again at the same Mobile pump.  The tank took 2.14 gallons to refill.   50.9 miles/2.14 gal = 23.79 miles/gal.  This is short distance of driving and there may be variables (pump consistency), so I'll report back how many miles I get on the whole tank.
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 3:59 AM Quote
I know of Tundra owners that report different results.

If you are in near Santa Anna you need to call the HQ and have your DV replaced with the new model as well as there may be some other problems with your engine that may need to be attended to.